Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Admisions of old age

(Had to write this quickly so I don't forget)
The other day I went to see Granny and Papa and somehow age got brought up and Granny said that there is joy in all ages, i told them my joy then asked Granny what was hers: She said her joy is in the man sitting accross the room and their children and their joy is in me, being there, visiting them and the life the've lived! We were both choked up. So I turn to Papa, (I think he still thought I was Mamie, but that's ok ;) and asked him his joy, he said that old lady over there, but was covering his hand so she couldn't see him pointing at her! It was soooo cute!!! He also said his family and stuff and got pretty emotional. I don't know it meant alot to me to have that conversation, with granny telling me she wasn't scared and that every age has it's joy and pain. we just go on for as long as we can! She also told me to let things slide with my kids and enjoy them now in the moment because in a couple years the'll be 50! Anyways, this is more for me, but it was great!

3 comments:

  1. Mikayla thank you so much for that post!!! what a great opportunity to talk and learn from the grandparents. They are so cute and full of life. I wish i could be closer to see them. Thanks again for taking the time to share that little conversation. Hope you are doing well!! miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I called Granny up and it was pretty great. She is a character for sure. I can't believe how much your kids look like you. They are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great little memory. What cute little grandparents we have. I can totally see them talking like this. You are lucky to have them so close!

    ReplyDelete